Las Vegas is synonymous with excitement, entertainment, and indulgence. But as a DefCon attendee, you'll need more than just the thrills of the Vegas Strip to survive the week. This guide will help you navigate Sin City's food, fun, and relaxation options so you can make the most of your DefCon experience.
A Taste of Vegas: Finding the Best Eats in Town
Affordable Eats for the Budget-Conscious
While Las Vegas is known for its high-end dining options, there are plenty of budget-friendly choices for those looking to save their dollars for the conference. Here are a few wallet-friendly favorites:
- Tacos El Gordo: This popular Tijuana-style taco joint offers delicious, authentic Mexican street food at a reasonable price.
- Shake Shack: For a quick and satisfying burger, this East Coast chain has you covered with juicy Angus beef patties and crispy crinkle-cut fries.
- Secret Pizza: Hidden inside The Cosmopolitan, this unmarked pizzeria serves up delicious New York-style slices perfect for a late-night snack.
Treat Yourself: High-End Dining Experiences
If you're looking to splurge on a memorable meal, Las Vegas has no shortage of fine dining establishments. Some of the top spots include:
- é by José Andrés: Located in The Cosmopolitan, this exclusive eight-seat restaurant offers a multi-course culinary journey through Spanish-inspired dishes.
- Joël Robuchon: Hailed as the "Chef of the Century," Joël Robuchon's eponymous restaurant at MGM Grand is a must-visit for French cuisine aficionados.
- CUT by Wolfgang Puck: This modern steakhouse in The Venetian boasts a wide selection of prime steaks, making it the perfect spot for meat lovers.
Fun Off the Strip: Exploring Vegas Beyond the Casinos
Get Outside: Natural Attractions Near Las Vegas
While the city is famous for its bright lights and bustling atmosphere, there are plenty of outdoor attractions nearby for those looking to escape the chaos. Some popular options include:
- Red Rock Canyon: Just a short drive from the city, this breathtaking conservation area offers miles of hiking trails and stunning desert landscapes.
- Valley of Fire State Park: This otherworldly park features unique red sandstone formations and ancient petroglyphs, making it a must-see for history and nature buffs alike.
- Hoover Dam: One of America's engineering marvels, the Hoover Dam is a great day trip destination for those interested in architecture and history.
Unwind with a Show: Las Vegas Entertainment
After a long day of cybersecurity sessions, you'll want to sit back and enjoy some world-class entertainment. Las Vegas is home to an array of shows, from magic acts to theatrical productions. Some top picks include:
- Cirque du Soleil: With several shows to choose from, Cirque du Soleil's stunning acrobatics and mesmerizing visuals are always a crowd-pleaser.
- Absinthe: This risqué, cabaret-style show combines comedy, acrobatics, and live music for an unforgettable experience.
- Penn & Teller: For a mix of magic, comedy, and audience interaction, check out this iconic duo's long-running show at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino.
Rest and Relaxation: Recharging Your Batteries in Vegas
Zen Out: Spa Experiences to Unwind
If you're feeling overwhelmed by the non-stop action of DefCon and Las Vegas, consider The Spa at ARIA: Offering personalized treatments in a tranquil setting, The Spa at ARIA is the perfect escape from the bustling conference floor.
- Qua Baths & Spa: Located in Caesars Palace, this Roman-inspired spa features unique amenities like Arctic ice rooms and mineral-enriched pools.
- The Spa at Wynn: Indulge in a wide range of treatments at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award-winning spa, complete with luxurious amenities and top-notch service.
Take a Dip: Relaxing Poolside
Las Vegas is home to some of the most extravagant pools in the world, making them the perfect spot to unwind and soak up some sun. A few notable pools include:
- Mandalay Bay Beach: With a wave pool, lazy river, and real sand, Mandalay Bay Beach offers a true beach experience in the heart of the desert.
- Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis: This Caesars Palace pool complex features seven different pools, each with its unique ambiance and amenities.
- The Mirage Pool: Surrounded by lush landscaping and waterfalls, this tropical oasis is an idyllic setting for relaxation.
Skip the intro call and get started now.
No time for an introductory call? We get it. That's why we have a simple, no-pressure way to get started with ThreatKey.
Just sign up for a free account and you can start using our platform immediately. No credit card required.