Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a security feature that provides an additional layer of protection for user accounts in Workday. This guide will walk you through the steps of setting up MFA for user accounts in Workday.
- Sign in to Workday using your admin credentials.
- In the navigation pane, select Security.
- Select the Multi-Factor Authentication option.
- On the Multi-Factor Authentication page, select the Enable button.
- In the Multi-Factor Authentication Policy section, select the type of authentication you would like to use, such as a text message or phone call.
- In the Users section, select the users you would like to enable MFA for.
- Select the Save button.
- The selected users will now be prompted to set up their MFA method the next time they sign in to Workday.
- Once the users have set up their MFA method, they will be required to use it for verification whenever they sign in to their Workday account.
- Regularly review and update the MFA settings and user access as needed to ensure the security of your organization's Workday account.
In summary, setting up multi-factor authentication for user accounts in Workday involves enabling the feature, selecting the type of authentication, choosing which users to enable MFA for and regularly reviewing and updating the settings. This adds an additional layer of security for the user's account by requiring multiple forms of verification for login.