Microsoft 365: Implementing Network Security Groups
Network security groups (NSGs) in Microsoft 365 (M365) allow you to control inbound and outbound traffic to resources in a virtual network. This guide will walk you through the steps of implementing NSGs in M365 to secure your organization's network.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using your admin credentials.
- In the navigation pane, select Virtual networks.
- Select the virtual network you want to secure with an NSG.
- In the virtual network's page, select the Network security group tab.
- Select the Add button to create a new NSG.
- Give the NSG a name and assign it to the virtual network.
- Select the NSG and then select the Inbound security rules tab.
- Create inbound security rules by specifying the source, destination, and protocol for the traffic.
- Select the Outbound security rules tab and create outbound security rules in the same way.
- Once the NSG is created and configured, it will automatically start controlling the inbound and outbound traffic to the resources in the virtual network, providing an extra layer of security to your organization's network.
In summary, Implementing Network Security Groups in M365 involves creating the NSG, assigning it to a virtual network, and configuring inbound and outbound security rules. This helps to control the traffic to resources in a virtual network and provide an extra layer of security to protect your organization's network.