Managing user access and permissions in Microsoft 365 (M365) is a crucial aspect of maintaining the security of your organization's data and resources. This guide will walk you through the steps of creating and managing user access and permissions in M365.
- Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center using your admin credentials.
- In the navigation pane, select Users.
- Select the user you want to manage access and permissions for.
- In the user's account page, select More options and then select Manage roles.
- Assign the user to one or more roles, such as Global administrator, Exchange administrator, or SharePoint administrator.
- To assign additional permissions, select More options and then select Manage permissions.
- Select the checkboxes for the permissions you want to assign to the user.
- Repeat steps 3-7 for any additional users you want to manage access and permissions for.
- Regularly review and update user access and permissions as needed to ensure that only authorized users have access to the necessary data and resources.
In summary, Creating and Managing User Access and Permissions in M365 involves assigning roles and permissions to users, and regularly reviewing and updating these as needed. This helps to ensure that only authorized users have access to the necessary data and resources and maintain the security of your organization's data.